MOD Pizza says it offers ‘edge’ over competition

MOD+Pizza+features+menu+items+that+are+based+off+of+family+friends.+Its+interior+has+walls+plastered+with+different+artwork.+
MOD Pizza features menu items that are based off of family friends. Its interior has walls plastered with different artwork.

Photo by Dominika Chruszcz

Photo by Dominika Chruszcz

By Dominika Chruszcz, Editor-in-Chief

Having its grand opening Aug. 11, MOD Pizza considers itself as having an “edge” to local competition in Roscoe Village. As a captain, it’s Farren Mosley’s responsibility to ensure his team stays on task, to open and close the restaurant properly, and to check pizza dough for the right quality. Mosley presented his insight as to what MOD offers its customers.

What makes you different than other local restaurants?

“I feel like MOD has an edge over a lot of the competition because of the ingredients that we keep on the line, the fact that we don’t just do pizzas where you’ve got to call in; they’re literally made to order right then and there. I feel like our vibe and what we’re all about separates us from the rest of the people out there, just our team camaraderie. Even some of the names of the pizzas are based off of influential people that the owners have known in their life. Their kids and their family friends inspired them to get this whole thing going.”

How many locations do you have across the city? What’s your future concerning MOD?

“This actually is the first one in Chicago. The rest are all in the suburbs; Naperville, Vernon Hills, Kildeer. We plan on opening up at least eight to 10 more in the city. They’re going to open another one up hopefully by Wrigley Field. We’re trying to do big things and I want to be apart of all of it.”

Is there a specific encounter you had with a customer that resonates in your mind?

“There are a few students from Lane that live in the area. They’ve already been here like 15 or 20 times, which is great. They know some of us by name, we know some of them by name. Sometimes when they come in it’s not even to get food, it’s just to stop in and say hello. That’s a great feeling.”

From priding on its staff, energy, and vibe, MOD Pizza is looking to have a hopeful future.

About the Contributor
Dominika Chruszcz, Editor-in-Chief

Dominika has been involved with The Warrior since her junior year. She participates in many extracurriculars at Lane; her activities range from Flag Corps to National Honor Society. She hopes to have a career in business administration and communication in the future. She enjoys hiking, skiing, and lounging by the pool in the summer. The three words that best describe her are ambition, determination and positivity.

• A & E

‘She Kills Monsters’: Fall Play Preview

• MOD Pizza says it offers ‘edge’ over competition

A & E

‘S.O.S.”- “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again” in need of some help

• A & E

An overview of the tenth annual playfest

A & E

Artist of the issue: Abby Pinderski

A & E

Art Week: five days of fashion and fun

A & E

Showcasing student artwork helps students find confidence in own art

A & E

Vegan four course meal

A & E

Four great study spots around Lane

A & E

Artist of the issue: Clara Mikhail

A & E

Songwriter Megan Bishop follows her dream